NYOA Summer 2020 East Coast Rendezvous?

I know it’s a bit far out to be getting into plans but I figured we might as well get the ball rolling here.

Sandrine and I are planning on taking Side Quest up the east coast this summer from New York to Nova Scotia in the June/July/August time frame. Timing still a little TBD.

I know there are a few others Nordics in the NE (Maine?) and would great to try and coordinate that works for people on a get together. What do you guys think?

Either way we’ll be heading that way this summer and would love to meet anyone who’s interested and around along the way.

All the best,

-ts

I’ll be sailing home to Maine this spring (from Spain via Madeira and Bermuda) and plan to be at Orr’s Island in Casco Bay by the end of June. I could easily meet folks anywhere in Casco Bay in July. Later in the summer we might head towards beautiful Penobscot Bay, an area I highly recommend for anyone sailing to Maine.

Max
s/v Juanona

1 Like

Casco Bay in July sounds great to me! And works generally with our timing. Excited to hear about your experience doing the Atlantic crossing that’s definitely something we would love to do at some point.

Tom
Great idea. But won’t be able to catch you. Next year come to the Chesapeake. Or, have a meet up around the A boat show.

Also, suggest posting with the Google group too so you can hopefully recruit more to this site.
Mike

1 Like

Done! And if anyone yells at me for spamming them, I’ll say it was Mike’s idea :sweat_smile:

Hi Tom,

We’ll be moored in Casco Bay a few miles north of Portland again this year. We sail just about every weekend and any other time I can manage. We have vague plans about going further downeast this summer. Last year we only managed to get as far as Camden. How far we go this year depends on too many factors to say just yet, but Mt Desert is a target. I’m sure we can meet up somewhere. The only trouble with Maine is once you go there you might not want to leave.

1 Like

Thanks Ian that’s great news! Sounds like we’ve got our first Rendezvous! I’m excited :smile:

Seems like a weekend might be the easiest. I’ve put together a little poll so people can pick a few weekends that work. Figured July 4th might be too complicated but I’ll leave that open as an option. Also happy to do another weekend if there is a suggestion.

• July 4th & 5th
  • July 11th & 12th
  • July 18th & 19th
  • July 25th & 26th
  • August 1st & 2nd

0 voters

Bonspiel (Nordic 44) will arrive in Acadia on Aug 9, and we’ll spend the next week sailing along the coast of Maine on our way back home to Portsmouth, RI. Let us know if anyone will still be in Maine in that timeframe.

Rich

1 Like

Thanks and welcome Rich!

We should be around during that time frame. Would be great to meet up. Also just a heads up you can edit a post you’ve written by clicking on the :pencil2: next to the :link: icon.

In case you realize you’ve made a typo after you’ve already hit reply.

Very helpful tip,

Thanks

Rich

1 Like

Hi Rich, We’ll be around in Maine all summer. Remind me when you get to Acadia and we’ll figure a rendezvous.

4th can be a little crazy in some of the better anchorages. Too far out to be sure of what we’ll be up to, but that time frame works.