Thank you for the new site!

Oh boy, another format to learn.

Hi, my name it Brian and I’ve repaired my boat in exotic ports all over the world.

But seriously, I have Nordic 44 hull number 29. I have owned her, or does she own me? for 29 years. This is the SE prototype, built in 1985. It is the shoal draft version - 5ft 11in design draft. I lived aboard from 1992 to 2011. My now wife, Nell joined me in 2002. We now live on Whidbey Island, about 30 miles north of Seattle. We’ve put about 135,000 miles on the boat since leaving my old hometown of Chicago in 1992.

Looking forward to this new site.

Brian

1 Like

Welcome Brian! Thanks for being the 1st brave soul to join and do an intro. 135,000 miles… WOW. :astonished:

Super happy you made it!

All suggestions welcome on how we can make this community prosper. :+1:

Hi,

We are a family of three outfitting a newly acquired Nordic 44 (Simplicity) for long term cruising. We have her on the hard in Napa California and work on her every weekend as we live three hours away in Tahoe. She is looking awesome as we have made all new cushions inside and the bottom was sanded down and repainted. All the normal maintenance on hull outs has almost come to an end. Now we tackle all of the inside things such as water maker and some plumbing and solar. The upcoming boat show will get most of our refit budget as we buy all the big ticket items for the discounted rate.

Denton

1 Like

Welcome Denton and Fam!

Keep us posted on your progress. Sounds like you’ve got your work cut out for you.